Edge & Node is a creative software development company working to build a vibrant, decentralized future. Founded by the initial team behind The Graph, Edge & Node is dedicated to the advancement of web3, a decentralized and fair internet where public data is available to all—an internet that enables its users to increase agency over their creations and their lives.
Edge & Node’s initial product is The Graph, an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS, which ensures open data is always available and easy to access. The Graph is used by thousands of protocols and dapps including Uniswap, Livepeer, Aave, Decentraland, and more.
The Design Team is a distributead group of problem-solvers with high standards. Striving for excellence in every iteration by being curious, agile, and pragmatic. We collaborate closely across time zones, taking ownership and constantly pushing designs forward across product and marketing. We empathize and engage with users to identify, research, and develop foundational design patterns to make dApps and web3 more accessible and beautiful.
We seek a creative UX Researcher who is ready to tackle meaty technical challenges. We are building the foundational infrastructure of web3 and need a sharp and passionate mind to help our users navigate challenging workflows. Our ideal candidate will be biased toward action, default to collaborative communication, and possess the skills to deliver excellent research outcomes.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Defining Research Goals: Collaborating with designers and other team members to define research learning objectives
- Formulating Research Protocol: Translating research goals into actionable testing plans. Ensuring protocol adheres to industry best practices and avoiding biased outcomes.
- Organizing and Executing Research: Recruiting users, scheduling, and administering testing sessions. We have a passionate user community on Discord that is eager to help improve The Graph. We also expect our researcher to organize and share feedback captured through other channels (in-product feedback, surveys, etc.)
- Communicating Research Outcomes: Adeptly synthesizing session outputs into clear, actionable recommendations
- Partner With UX Designers: Engaging with other designers to ensure research outcomes are correctly addressed
What We Expect
- Ability to understand technically complex user flows and to execute broad research across a portfolio of products
- Numerous examples of previous user research processes (covering the end-to-end flows with polished artifacts)
- Experience working on tools used specifically by developers (Command-Line, IDE’s, Collaboration tooling)
- Expertise in Figma/Sketch focused on collaborating with design partners
- Passion for diving into difficult problem spaces and identifying core user objectives
- Compassionate and confident when giving feedback to others on the team, and humble when receiving feedback
- A strong work ethic, being able to take ownership and to proof-check your own work with high accuracy. Know how to balance perfectionism with agile deliverables.
- Emotional intelligence to think through design problems with partners and arrive at thoughtful solutions
- Exceptional communicator
- Experience within web3/crypto is a bonus
- Experience conducting quantitative analysis in R or Python is a bonus