Wintermute is one of the largest algorithmic trading firms in digital assets globally. They provide liquidity algorithmically across most CeFi and DeFi exchanges and via OTC.
- Projects may include: connecting to a new DeFi protocol or new blockchain (e.g. Solana), designing and building a new smart contract, owning development for a specific protocol or DEX exchange and liaising with traders to maximize return on capital and maintain their competitive edge
- You will be tracking all major developments for the particular chains, assessing and executing trading opportunities, generating insights, prioritizing them and building a solution from scratch
- Deep understanding of data types and algorithms
- Understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, Ethereum and decentralized protocols
- Knowledge of other chains (Solana, Polkadot) is an advantage.
- Programming fundamentals (in C++, C#, Java, OOP)
- Blockchain fundamentals (consensus, nodes, miners, forks, transactions, web3)
- 2-3 years development on integrating/working on DeFi projects and protocols is an advantage, but if you are a self-taught genius or a DeFi enthusiast working on own projects, that may work too
- Trading knowledge isn’t required but willingness and curiosity to learn algorithmic, high-frequency, quantitative, market making trading is crucial
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills