Scroll is a zkEVM-based zkRollup on Ethereum that enables native compatibility for existing Ethereum applications and tools.
- Survey existing layer 2 and Ethereum protocols through code and papers.
- Propose new designs and optimizations for our layer 2 protocol.
- Propose new designs and optimizations for Ethereum (i.e. propose layer 2 related EIPs).
- Explore new research directions (i.e. EVM, MEV, PBS, AA, Layer 3, etc).
- Output high quality content (i.e. talk, blog post, research post).
- Keep the engineering team up to date with the latest ideas in protocol research.
- Establish collaborations with universities and external researchers to solve open problems.
- Strong interest in decentralized system and open source collaboration
- Familiarity with layer 2 and Ethereum infrastructure
- Ability to read and write academic papers, understand and propose EIPs
- Ability to present and explain cutting-edge crypto research to engineers clearly
- Experience in blockchain infrastructure development or cryptography preferred
- Fluency in Golang, Rust, C++, or similar languages. We work primarily in Golang and Rust, but prior experience is not mandatory.