Albert Bow is working with a client who are an early stage on-chain gaming company. They focus on building next-gen games on the blockchain. Their research differs from existing on-chain games as they are utilising the blockchain to allow for users to alter the actual game mechanics. This is achieved through smart contracts, where the user generated content is written. They are also backed by some of the biggest companies in Crypto.
They are currently looking for an experienced Rust or Golang developer to join the team and help with designing the infrastructure for the on-chain games.
- Design the infrastructure that power the on-chain games, composed of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, blockchain indexers, low-level events-driven frameworks game data ingestion pipelines.
- Conduct research of components to best serve high-performance and highly composable blockchain games.
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to break through tough, cutting-edge engineering challenges, for example, how to make fully on-chain games more efficient, how to build such systems horizontally while maintaining decentralization, how to build a secure system to give users trust and economic significance in their creations.
- 3+ years of experience and strong understanding of Rust, C++ or C#.
- Good knowledge of computer architecture.
- Experience in designing high-throughput distributed systems.
- Experience in the core development of blockchain.
- Knowledge of game-specific engineering.
- Understanding of the NFT space, DeFi, and current blockchain games
This is a hybrid role based in San Francisco and is paying up to $200,000 depending on experience.