Zerion is a web3 smart, social wallet and investing tool that enables anyone with a mobile phone or computer to explore every corner of web3 from DeFi to NFTs – all in one place.
We’re looking for an experienced and driven Engineering Manager to help us grow and solidify our engineering team. You will focus on people and engineering process so that we can continue shipping best in class Web3 applications.
You will play a key role for scaling and organizing our engineering team. We are looking for a person who can establish efficient processes and create a comfortable environment for everyone. We want you to focus on personal growth & success of every individual and help Zerion’s team reach its full potential.
This role is a great opportunity to contribute to the company’s culture in a pre-growth stage startup. You’ll oversee a team of cross-functional Engineers and partner with Leadership & Product Management to define meaningful metrics, processes, and practices.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a distributed team of cross-functional Engineers.
- Establish best practices to ensure a high-quality product & consistent delivery of working systems on time.
- Design, implement, and document product development, testing, and deployment processes.
- Collaborate with Leadership & Product Management on roadmapping, technical planning & prioritization.
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.
- Manage, support, and evaluate engineers’ performance.
- Maintain and strengthen Zerion’s culture of growth, openness, trust, mutual support, and care.
- Hire new talent for the team.
What we are looking for
- Experience managing and scaling an engineering team at a fast-growing organization.
- Technical knowledge to discuss issues, approaches, and solutions in depth.
- Passion about Web3 & open financial systems.
- Desire to manage a fully-remote geographically distributed team.
- At least 4 years of experience in back-end development, preferably in Python and Golang.
- At least 2 years of Engineering Management experience.
What you need to succeed
- Ability to do both long term thinking and short term planning.
- Experience working with modern distributed systems at scale.
- Passion about efficient engineering processes & practices and desire to foster an environment that creates them.
- Experience attracting, retaining, and growing great Engineering talent.
You are likely a perfect candidate if you have
- Worked at a growth stage startup with 50+ employees.
- Actively coached, mentored and incentivized team members in their careers remotely.
- Have passion for building products to the highest standards across many dimensions (user experience, performance, reliability, security).
- Have high emotional intelligence.
- Founder / Startup experience.
- You aped into degen tokens or NFTs and got rekt a few times.
- Experience scaling products through constant learning and experimentation, in fast-paced and rapidly changing industries.