Scroll is a zkEVM-based zkRollup on Ethereum that enables native compatibility for existing Ethereum applications and tools.
- Survey existing zkEVM, zkVM, and various ZKP protocols through code and papers.
- Propose new design and optimizations for zkEVM.
- Improve our current protocol using advanced crypto constructions such as new ZKP schemes.
- Keep the engineering team up to date with the latest in ZKP research and make sure they are aligned with research-driven designs.
- Establish collaborations with universities and external researchers to solve open problems.
- Fluency in Rust, C++, or similar languages. They work primarily in Rust, but prior experience is not mandatory.
- Strong background in math, cryptography, or computer science. Most of the crypto team holds a PhD in cryptography, math or physics, but a formal academic degree is not a strict requirement.
- Ability to read and write academic papers.
- Ability to present and explain cutting-edge crypto research to engineers
- Ability to pick up new things beyond cryptography (i.e. details of EVM).
- Experience in blockchain infrastructure development or cryptography preferred.