The role is for an experienced Front-End Developer to work on our product – Sandwich. The candidate will be joining the frontend/UI team developing tools for the trading platform. These tools need to be sleek and robust to enable traders and portfolio managers to effectively manage their portfolios. This role will be a key contributor that will drive and accelerate a UI/UX transformation. As part of developing a cryptocurrency trading platform, we are often asked to capture new market opportunities; therefore, you must be highly adaptive, comfortable with change, and able to switch between delivering value quickly vs delivering pixel-perfect designs.
– Drive front end architecture, make architectural decisions, drive technical debt reduction, oversee code quality, mentor other developers, and build prototypes
– Continue the development, maintenance, and testing of Sandwich
– Help determine requirements from clients and then determine scope as well as the most efficient front-end solution for those requirements
– Build aesthetically pleasing, functional, and often unique/customisable Winforms UI components – Identify issues within current solution
– Have end-to-end ownership of UI features including testing, monitoring and troubleshooting – Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute new ideas in a fast-paced, team environment
- A Bachelor of Science degree OR a demonstrable knowledge of critical abstract thinking and problem solving.
- A minimum of 3 years of UI/UX design implementation experience in .Net and WinForms.
- Ability to communicate with users and stakeholders at all levels (internal and external), strong problem solving skills, proactive, willing to take ownership, and drive to keep commitments – Prioritize creating value over technical novelty; candidate needs to be able to prioritize user satisfaction over a perfect technical design
- Ability to prototype new concepts quickly and iterate for rapid feedback
- Very experienced in C#, .Net
- Well versed in Object oriented programming
- Experience in developing custom WinForm controls
- Experience with source control systems (git)
- A working knowledge of asynchronous programming for highly responsive WinForms user interaction
- Has a good eye for UI/UX design
- Based in Cape Town
Nice to Haves
- Experience in FinTech and/or trading financial instruments/cryptocurrencies & derivative contracts is a plus
- High PC proficiency, specifically in GSuite, Docs and Sheets
- Extraordinary organization skills
- Exceptional level of honesty, integrity, and transparency. Not afraid to share the truth, even at the expense of potentially hurting someone’s feelings. And similarly, open to criticism and ideas: Often requests feedback and reacts calmly to criticism and/or negative feedback.
- Extraordinary work ethic. Known as hustler and always gets things done
- Forensic attention to detail, ability to implement pixel-perfect designs